Mission & Vision
The mission of The Warehouse PAC is to provide artists a black- box venue for the creation and production of work that is optimally served by the intimacy promoted by the facility.
Accessible: The Suburban Venue
Founded in 2010, the Warehouse Performing Arts Center is located in Cornelius, NC, in a non-traditional location:
- First-time attendees, unsure of what may be behind the front door, are surprised by a warm setting that allows one to step outside the normal routine.
- The Warehouse is committed to demystifying the experience of attending performing arts offerings, engendering a community more willing to try new experiences.
- Expect arts experiences that spark an emotional response and inspire dialogue that can be cross-cultural and multi-generational.
Intimate: A Connected Experience
Attending a performance at the Warehouse is unlike any other performing arts venue in the region, and if you visit once, you’ll know why:
- The intimacy creates a bond– the performer can see the audience, and that encourages a social interaction and collaboration.
- Attendees have a shared experience with other audience members, a feeling of visibility, with the proximity to ones neighbor encouraging a shared experience of emotional response.
Friendly: A Community of Passionate Individuals
- First-time visitors and returning guests alike are treated as friends, welcomed back each time they return.
- The Warehouse is a haven for artists, providing directors, actors and writers a warm and embracing space to recharge the creative juices and be encouraged to stretch and take risks.
- All volunteers are treated as family, creating an appreciative environment that recognizes the important contributions of all.
Community Resource: A Gem in Cornelius
- The Warehouse places Cornelius, NC in the discussion of cultural impact, providing measurable economic impact as a draw and community enrichment resource.
- The Warehouse creates an opportunity for local organizations to engage in creative experiences and build their own community, also providing a venue for writing and acting classes, and other programs for area residents.